This was my intro, playlist, and outro today. I was a lot more organised thanks to mentors and family giving me sound advice since last Friday.
Good morning Kingscote, Good Morning Adelaide, Good Morning to Everyone Listening from around the World! This is Stephen Mitchell, at Radio Station 5 KIX FM, Kangaroo Island Community Radio, 10 AM till Midday.
This morning I am giving you a WHOLE HOST OF AMAZING songs. As I said on Facebook last night, I am playing an ENTIRE album from one particular artist whose album was produced in 1957. Wow!
What I need you to do is tell me who the Artist is … But I am not making it that easy for you!
I’ll still be playing a LOT of songs from the last SIXTY years of Pop Rock! All of them aimed at keeping you awake, on your toes and working hard, wherever you are.
When you think you know WHO the artist is, leave a message …
~ on our Facebook Page ( https://www.facebook.com/5KIxFM90.7 )
~ or on your own Facebook page, and hashtag it with #5KIXFM90.7
This is just for fun, and to find out who is awake!
So… Kangaroo Island… Adelaide… and ALL my online friends around the Planet … Are you Ready? Let’s do this!
- TubThumping – Chumbawaba (1997)
- Beautiful Girl – INXS (1992)
- Freedom – Noiseworks (1990)
- Baby Face – Little Richard (1957)
- Better Days – Robbie Williams (1997)
- Come On Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners (1982)
- Prisoner of Society – The Living End (1997)
- Good Golly Miss Molly – Little Richard (1957)
Wow, another interesting line-up of Artists. Yep, music for every generation to bop along to. Just don’t let the boss catch you singing of those lyrics!
- Forgotten Years – Midnight Oil (1990)
- Eagle Rock – Daddy Cool (1971; 1981)
- Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden (1997)
- Tutti Frutti – Little Richard (1957)
- Celebration – Dragon (1987) (Cover, Originally by Kook and the Gang)
- One Summer – Daryl Braithwaite (1989)
- Down Under – Men at Work (1980)
- Lucille – Little Richard (1957)
- Better – Screaming Jets (1991)
- Don’t Bring Me Down – Electric Light Orchestra (1979)
- To The Moon and Back– Savage Garden (1996)
- Slippin’ and Sliding – Little Richard (1957)
Listening in? Figured out who the mystery Artist is from 1957?
Again, leave a comment on our Facebook page if you are sure you know!
- Howzat – Sherbert (Spent 2 weeks at #1 in Australia in 1976) (1976)
- Power and the Passion – Midnight Oil (1983)
- Jumpin’ Jack Flash – The Rolling Stones (1968)
- Rip It Up – Little Richard (1957)
I am mixing up the years again, giving a whole heap from the last 60 years! Surely someone has worked it out … I will tell you soon … or will you tell me?
- Old Before I Die – Robbie Williams (1997)
- Mystify Me – INXS (1987)
- Break Me Shake Me – Savage Garden (1997)
- Talkin’ About Soul – Little Richard (1957)
Wow, that was a MASSIVE list of Artists across 60 years of Rock and Roll – but we are not finished yet. Maybe 1 or 2 more songs by Little … ha, nearly got me!
Have you worked out who my artist from 1957 is yet? Call 5KIxFM on ________ to tell me, or leave a comment on our Facebook page and use the hashtag #5KIXfm907
Ok, here are just a few more to liven up your morning. It’s getting close to midday, so my last song will be by my mystery artist!
- Jump In My Car – Ted Mulry Gang (1975)
- You’re The Voice – John Farnham (1986)
- Keep A’Knocking – Little Richard (1957)
So there you have it, 30+ songs from 1957 onwards, 60 years of popular rock’n’roll! Did you work it out? Who was it?
- Artist: Little Richard
- Album: Tutti Frutti
Thanks for listening, wherever you are in the world. You’ve been listening to Stephen Mitchell on Radio Station 5 KIX FM, Kangaroo Island Community Radio, this fine Friday morning, 10 AM till Midday. Have a good Friday!