Tonight’s playlist is interspersed with images and links from my night at the recent SA4SA Gala in Adelaide, a few about horses for those that enjoyed the KI Cup at the Kingscote Race Course today, a few for the SooperDooperLooper car race in Adelaide also on today, plus some facts about some musicians!
- Born To Be Alive – Patrick Hernandez
- I’m Still Standing – Elton John
- Live It Up – Mental As Anything
- Born To Be Alive – Chunky Custard ( Becky Blake performed at SA4SA Gala)
- Alive And Kicking – Simple Minds
- Kick – INXS
- Dancing In The Streets – David Bowie And Mick Jagger
- Material Girl – Madonna
The next eight songs are for the many that enjoyed the KI Cup at the Kingscote Race Course today (22 February 2020).
It was a grand event, full of smiles and community spirit having a great time together.
I was there in my capacity as BBQ-worker for the station, but really enjoyed seeing so many people together escaping the horrors endured in January during the Kangaroo Island fires.
- The Horses – Daryl Braithwaite
- Wild Horses – The Rolling Stones
- Dark Horse – Katy Perry
- A Day At The Races – Queen
- Ricky Don’t Lose That Number – Steely Dan
- Number One – John Legend
- Everyone’s A Winner – Hot Chocolate
- The Winner Takes It All – ABBA
This is a busy weekend across South Australia. In Adelaide the Clipsal500 was… wait, what did you say? It has a new name? SuperDooper… say again… the Super Loop ADL500.
When I searched for ‘adelaide clipsal 500’, the new race name and site came up – meaning they know that many diehard fans still call it the Clipsal500!
Anyhow, here are a few songs for the car race that I first photographed in 1992.
- Don’t Change – Grinspoon
- Do The Things – Wicked Beat Sound System (Because Sneaky Sound System Not Available)
- Now And Then – The Superjesus
- Soul Of The Beat – Hilltop Hoods
- Walk Of Life – Dire Straits
- Blue Orpheus – Todd Rundgren
- Eye Of The Tiger – Survivor
- Total Control – The Motels
- Walk This Way – Aerosmith
- Bed Of Roses – Bon Jovi
- The Saints Are Coming – U2 And Green Day
- Betterman – John Butler Trio
- Fast Car – U2
- Fast Girl – Gyroscope
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
- Life In The Fast Lane – The Eagles
- The Nights – Avicii
- Thunder – Imagine Dragons
- Riders On The Storm – The Doors
- Lightning Crashes – Live
“Lightning Crashes” is a song by American rock band Live. It was released in September 1994 as the third single from their third studio album, Throwing Copper. Although the track was not released as a single in the United States, it received enough radio airplay to peak at No. 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay chart in 1995. The song also topped the Billboard Album Rock Tracks chart for 10 weeks and the Modern Rock Tracks chart for nine weeks.
- I Will Follow – U2
- Changes – David Bowie
- Sign Of The Times – Harry Styles
- Follow the Sun – Xavier Rudd
Harry Edward Styles (born 1 February 1994) is an English singer, songwriter, and actor. His musical career began in 2010, when he auditioned for the British singing competition The X Factor. He was eliminated early on, but he was brought back to form the boy band One Direction. After the band’s indefinite hiatus in 2016, Styles signed with Columbia Records as a solo artist.
And that’s it for yet another awesome night here at 5KIxFM90.7 Community Radio Kangaroo Island!
Have you noticed that I say that every time? Yep, my radio show is slick, my playlist is organised, and I make sure you evening is filled with a mix of ClassicPop, PopRock, Rock’n’Roll, with a few 90’sHipHop mixed in.