Oh my white english skin, it was HOT today!
Whilst my family was lucky enough to spend their day at the beach, I spent half my day atop a cherry-picker cleaning windows on the Kingscote Council Building. Ok, ok, I was only up there less than an hour – but I had to wear long pants, boots, a bright yellow long-sleeved shirt, all in the sun from 6.30AM til 12:30PM.
My choice of job is not a job for everyone, so I am glad I get to have these experiences. Today was actually a first for me – and it will be annual from hereon!
Enough about me: Tonight’s playlist is filled with HOT songs, many I have played before! Don’t get flustered – I will play a lot of REFRESHINGLY COOL music to help you feel better before night’s end.
Let’s get it going!
- Hot In The City – Billy Idol
- Hot Fun In The Summertime – Sly And The Family Stone
- Heat Is On – Glen Frey
- Summer In The City – The Lovin’ Spoonful
- Summer Of 81 – Mondo Rock
- Hot Blooded – Foreigner (1978)
- Blaze Of Glory – Bon Jovi (1990)
- Fire And Rain – James Tayler (1970)
This next line-up have TWO things in common – Lots of Heat and ALL Women – which makes it HOTTER!
- Eternal Flame – The Bangles (1988)
- Set Fire to the Rain – Adele (2011)
- Shining Light – Annie Lennox (2009)
- Hot Chilli Woman – Noiseworks (1991)
And now back to the boys enjoying summer.
- Summer Of 69 – Bryan Adams
- The Boys Of Summer – Don Henley
- Just Like Fire Would – The Saints (1986)
- Endless Summer Nights – Richard Marx
- Sunshine – Evermore (2004)
- Shine On – Jet (2006)
- Black Hole Sun – Sound Garden (1994)
- Too Much Sunshine – Midnight Oil (2001)
Are these next two songs the same song?
- Flame Trees – Sarah Blasko
- Flame Trees – Cold Chisel
Decided to avoid any more songs with FIRE in the title because of what Kangaroo Island endured and survived this time last year in 2020. From hereon let’s get colder with the evening breeze flowing through the station!
- Cold – Maroon 5
- Cold As Ice – Foreigner
- Cool World – Mondo Rock
- Last Friday Night – Katy Perry
This next four songs still follow tonight’s theme – but are for my two brother-in-law’s who are over on Kangaroo Island for a few days with their families – enjoying boating, fishing, surfing, and plenty of sand and sun.
Yesterday we spent a very long day at Emu Bay Beach. Yes, I am slightly burnt – but it was well worth it. SIDE NOTE: The beach was the busiest I have ever seen!
Today the family went to Snellings Beach. My kids came home slightly redder than before they left, but with plenty of great stories. Apparently someone had one of these mats floating on the surf!
- Surf’s Up Tonight – Midnight Oil
- Surfin’ Safari – Beach Boys (1962)
- Soul Surfin’ – Fatboy Slim (1998)
- Boombastic – Shaggy
- Stone Cold Sober – Paloma Faith
- Stone Cold Crazy – Queen
- Baby It’s Cold Outside – Tom Jones And Catatonia
- Let It Go – Frozen
My final songs for the evening were chosen just in case I had enough time – and I did!
- Broken Arrows – Avicii
- Boulevard Of Broken Dreams – Green Day
- Broken Wings – Mister Mister
These next two songs are not what I would normally include in my playlist. But I heard them during the week – and instantly liked them. This first one reminds me of this very old video clip:
- You Gonna Want Me (Hey Today Remix) – Tiga
- Finally (Mord Fustang Mix) – Froidz
Now back to the normal style for the end of my show for tonight….
- Endless Deep – U2
- The End – The Doors
- Goodnight Is Not The End – Evermore
- Follow the Sun – Xavier Rudd
What a HOT MIX that was!
Did you enjoy it? YES? Then head over to our Facebook page to leave a lot of lovin’ words! NO? Then head over to our facebook page to a leave a little HATIN’! Go on, tell me what music you didn’t like – I want to hear it!