The plan tonight was to play as much music as possible that kinda sort followed the theme – “Raining Cats and Dogs”. After collected all the songs with ‘cat, dog, rain’ in the title or lyric, this is all I could find.
- Here Comes The Rain – Eurythmics
- The Dogs Of War – Pink Floyd
- Black Dog – Led Zeppelin
- Back Dog – John Farnham
- Dog Eat Dog – Steely Dan
- Shake Dog Shake – The Cure
- I Wish It Would Rain Down – Phil Collins
- Rain On The Scarecrow – John Cougar Mellencamp
- All Cats Are Grey – The Cure
- Rain – Dragon
- A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall – Bryan Ferry And Roxy Music
- Catch My Disease – Ben Lee
- Dead Cat – Grinspoon
- Honky Cat – Elton John
I ran out of decent cat and dog songs in our incredible(y old) yet limited (of modern artists) database. Then I received this text via Facebook:
Just play music….
… and I agreed with the hidden message. Well, it wasn’t hidden, but I had already been thinking it: David “KIFoghorn” Goble and I had talked waaaaaay too much about computers (not that there is anything wrong with that) … and my show is about music, good quality music!
So I changed the tempo, beat, rhythm and melody back to the 1980’s classic pop rock sound that I love and I am sure you do to!
- So What – P!NK
- The Look – Roxette
- Last Friday Night – Katy Perry
- Cosmic Thing – B52s
- Soul Kinda Of Feeling – Dynamic Hepnotics
- Live It Up – Mental As Anything
- Shine – Collective Soul (1993)
- Whisky – Maroon 5
- Hungry Town – Big Pig
- Happy – Pharrell Williams (2013)
- Bette Davis Eyes – Kym Carnes
- Ready – Kodaline
- La Bamba – Ritchie Valens (1958)
- Virtual Insanity – Jamiroquai (1996)
- Devil Inside – INXS (1987)
- The Saints Are Coming – U2 And Green Day (2006)
- Mickey – Toni Basil (1981)
- Banquet – Bloc Party (2005)
- Symphony – Clean Bandit (2018)
- Sunday Morning – No Doubt (1995)
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me – Elton John And George Michael
- Sunshine On A Rainy Day – Christine Anu
- Goodbye Hooray – Red Hot Chili Peppers
That’s it, finishing just after 11.00pm.
I went home to connect to our live-stream provider to determine the problem. You would have discovered by Sunday Morning if that worked out….