It was a slightly muggy evening … but that was just the start. Here are the songs I managed to play. Read to the end to discover what happened last night.
- Follow the Sun – Xavier Rudd
- Real Life – Evermore
- A Head Full Of Dreams – Coldplay
- Flags of Our Fathers – Link Park
- Sweetest Thing – U2
- Alive – Sia
- She’s a Rainbow – The Rolling Stones
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Elevation – U2
- 500 Miles – The Proclaimers
- Rise Up – Andra
- We Are The World For Haiti
- Try – Colbie Caillat
- Warrior – Demi Lovato
- Ready – Kodaline
- Heal the World – Michael Jackson
- Someone to You – Banner
- Belong – Axwell and Shapov
- Same Dark Places – JR JR
- We are the World – USA for Africa
- Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper
- Holding Out For A Hero – Bonnie Taylor
- Set Fire To The Rain – Adele
- Do They Know It’s Xmas – Band Aid
- Broken Arrows – Avicii
- Pocket Full Of Gold – American Authors
- You Get What You Give – New Radicals
- Belfast child – Simple Minds and Sinead O’Connor
About 4 songs from the end there was an almighty rumble. I asked my listeners “Leave a message on our facebook page if that was thunder or a wheelie bin going passed my window…” — seconds later, another massive rumble and a snap of lightning lit up the sky outside. Having lived through 9/11, I instinctively dropped to the floor.
Then everything went black as the power disappeared … then back on. Machines whirred and restarted, but not all of them. I had a look at my options … but decided it wasn’t something with which I did not want to fiddle. So I left it all off and went home.
My session was about 90 minutes. So much for the theme of ‘Living‘. Thankfully it all came back on in the morning and the next presenter was able to do their session.